Thursday, January 21, 2010

Booze Commercials of Yesteryear

Raise your hand if you love alcohol!
Ooh! Me! Me! I do!
I drink all day, most days. I begin any day I don't have to work with either a bloody mary or a mimosa (or variant thereof, pinosa being my current favorite) or both, and keep it blasting all day with cheap red wine or PBR. In fact, as I type this, I'm unable to edit because I've been drinking all day. And I'm loving life right now. Booze rules, and if you're an alcoholic like me you like to get down to your roots, see what boozehounds before you were enticed by before all those *hic* gay regulations on alkee-hol ads kicked in.
Fuck those ads. *hic* I mean, regulashinnnnns.... *hic*

Check out this hee-lariously racist advert for Schlitz Malt Liquor from the late 70's/early 80's. It watches like a minstrel show.


James Mason enjoys the "unusual" flavor of Thunderbird, it's "not quite like anything he's ever tasted." I second that Jimmy. I've never tasted piss, either.


Speaking of Thunderbird, this ad suggests a new way to enjoy your favorite bum wine. I personally think it sounds repugnant, but then again you'll never see me try it so I guess I'll never know.


Let's say it's the early 90's and you're in the business of brewing Malt Liquor. Who better to ask to promote your product than the greatest SoCal gangsta rapper of all time, Ice Cube?

"Get your girl in the mood quicker/ Get your jimmy thicker/ With St. Ides malt liquor". FUCKING GENIUS!!!

Those are FUCKING KICKASS YOUTUBE VIDEOS, SON!

-JG

No comments:

Post a Comment